Farmers play a vital part in our society. Not only do they help us to fulfill the basic needs of food and clothing but also contribute significantly to the economy by exporting the given goods to foreign countries. So, are farmers strong enough to perform their duty in the fields from dawn till dusk?
What is a farmer?
A farmer is a person engaged in agriculture, producing a variety of food products for human and animal consumption. In addition to their efforts for keeping the society well fed, they also devote their life to help the economy blooming.
There are various types of farmers in the world since there are farm products demanded by mankind. Here are several kinds of farmers that you may or may not have heard of:
- Organic farmer: produces fruit, grains, vegetables, or livestock without using pesticides, herbicides, or chemical fertilizers.
- Grain and forage crop farmer: grows grains such as wheat, barley, canola, oats, flax, peas, and specialty crops or forage crops, like hemp, confectionary seeds, birdseed, medicinal crops.
- Dairy farmer: owns or operates a farm where cows are raised for the maximum quantities of milk production and other dairy products.
- Poultry farmer: raises and breeds domesticated birds such as geese, ducks, turkeys or chickens
- Rancher: owns or manages a ranch, raise livestock such as cattle or sheep, or less common livestock such as elk, bison, ostrich, emu, or alpacas.
- Beekeeper: raise and care for honeybees, produces honey, pollen, royal jelly, and beeswax
- Vermiculture: breeds worms, use these worms to convert waste products such as spoiled fruits, uneaten food, grass clippings into organic fertilizer.
- Alligator farmer: raises and breeds alligators or crocodiles to produce leather, meat, and other goods for human consumption.
Are farmers strong?
Actually, farmers are as strong as a horse. Farming is much more complex than many people realize, hence farmers can do loads of tasks that can blow your mind. For example:
- Four men can move a car that is in the way by picking it up and walking it up to 20 feet.
- A farmer can chop wood for seven hours because he enjoys it.
- Two men can hold up a fully loaded wagon (about 120-150 bales of hay) while another change a tire.
- A 5’6″ man can jump from the ground onto a loading platform which is 4′ tall easily while carrying a hay bale.
- Farmers can chokehold a cow down to the ground without difficulty.
Even with the development of mechanization and technological advancements, farming is still a physically demanding job. Different types of tasks ranging from baling, hauling, digging to hammering, throwing build up strength and muscle around the body over time for farmers.
Furthermore, these repetitive actions together with the ability to withstand harsh weather built their endurance workout as well. Farmers are not only strong physically but also mentally. The feeling of responsibility helps them work under any conditions because any negligence will affect the annual yield which can devastate the economy of the country.
Read more: You are a farmer or your parents are farmers, are you? Check top 20+ best gift ideas for Farmers here!
Work out for farm strong
If you are looking for some new fitness challenges guaranteed to have superior stamina and strength like farmers, farmers’ walk is definitely the most effective way you should go for.
How to do it: Start off with some of the heavy subjects such as dumbbells and kettlebells and walk a specific distance without ever putting the weight down. Normally, each farmer’s walk workout begins by holding the dumbbells at your sides, then progress to the racked carry position, and finish with an overhead carry.
There are 3 variations that you can do to rapidly build muscle mass, accelerate fat loss, and optimize your endurance.
- Bilateral exercise: Place two cones 60-120 feet apart. Stand at one end holding a pair of kettlebells. Try to hold these kettlebells as long as you can.
- Unilateral exercise: Use one kettlebells held on one side. Hold a heavy load on one side of the body can light up the core muscles to offset the unbalanced load.
- Alternating exercise: Hold two kettlebells and complete each exercise in an alternating left side or right side fashion.
Farmers hold the backbone of the country. Their main goal is to be responsible for the availability of healthy food at our dining table three times a day. Besides, farmers are also an inspiration for others to do health improvement exercises. Hope the article helps to explain why farmers are strong and bring motivation to do workout for you.